Thursday, January 24, 2008

A passing

I just wanted to let people know that Bailey passed away last week. He has been pictured a few times on the blog (the Christmas pictures most recently) and I know a lot of people here on Blogger (and other blog sites) were keeping him in their thoughts while we were trying to get him better. On Wednesday of last week, we were originally going to take him to a vet to see if there was anything they could do, since he just wasn't able to do much of anything anymore. He could barely stand long enough to pee, he was having a very hard time breathing, and his legs kept giving out. When we went to pick him up to get him ready to go, he was in a comatose state, and wouldn't even lift his head. My parents and brother took him, and I stayed behind. I've never been able to do this kind of thing, I have to have my breakdown privately. They euthanized him and sent his body off for cremation. We go this weekend to pick up his ashes.

But I wanted to say thanks for the encouraging words and positive thoughts for my Bailey.

7 comments:

QueSarah said...

Shannon, I'm so sorry you had to let your baby go. My thoughts are with you. {{{HUGS}}}
Run free and play at the Rainbow Bridge, Bailey!

Sew Happy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Bailey. I know you'll miss him. My heart goes out to you. Take care.

Qtdancing said...

I am so sorry for your loss, over the summer I lost my dog, and I understand the heart ache you are going through. My prayers are with you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to read of your loss. Puggy hugs your way.

Shannon said...

Thank you, all. Your kind words mean a lot to me and my family, and I wanted you guys to know I appreciate it.

thirdplanet said...

Hello, I stumbled on your journal through livejournal, and I just wanted to say I love everything you're knitted! I was wondering if you could possibly link tutorials or books that show how to make socks, because I can't figure it out at all. Sorry for the long rant, and even though I don't know you, I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, he was very cute :(

Anonymous said...

Topaz from the Rav said...
Shannon, I'm sorry for your loss. It is hard to lose a furkid...