Thursday, May 24, 2007

Picture Post

A random picture update:


Colinette Jitterbug sock. I like the way it turned out after going up a needle size and reducing the number of stitches by four. The color still didn't turn out like I thought it would, but it's still pretty.


A Lizard Ridge Strip. A girl on Craftster had the idea of doing this in strips, instead of squares, which I thought was brilliant. So this is almost three squares long, I have about 6 more rows before I'm finished with the pink/yellow/orange block. I need more Noro though, I only have one skein plus leftovers bits left. I'm going tomorrow to buy more.


More sewing! I bought a bunch of flannel since JoAnns was having a sale. I've made a few pillowcases and a few pillow slip covers. I haven't figured out how to do much more than that yet. But this is my goldfish slipcover.

Showing slip cover detail.

A sheep slipcover.


My first quilt! I found a seller on eBay who has great deals on pre-cut flannel. I got 144 6" flannel squares for $25. Not only is that a fantastic deal, but I don't have to worry about cutting squares! I can't cut in a straight line to save my life.

Detail on the fabric.

The layout. I only have a few of one pattern of squares, hence the random diagonal stripe of the white squares with purple things on it. I swear my room isn't as junky as this picture makes it look. I just still have stuff around from repaiting, and have yet to replace the baseboards. And apparently I've knocked over some video tapes.

And my wall of pugs. Most of my stuffed pugs I've collected, a cute pug picture, and pug calendar.

1 comment:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Great idea for knitting the Lizard Ridge pattern. The colors are great. I like the socks and pillow slips too, particularly the sheep. You certainly have been buzy!