Saturday, May 12, 2007

Pugapalooza

I went to Pugapalooza in Seattle today! I finished Daisy's sweater, of course at the last minute. Last night I knit the second sleeve, and crocheted a border around the edge (instead of picking up a million stitches and doing ribbing). I used the Casey's Coat pattern from Stitch 'n' Bitch Nation, and used Caron Simply Soft. I didn't take into account that the sweater may fit weird, since pugs are shaped weird. They are very barrel chested, with no neck to speak of, so the top is really stretched out. Thank goodness for ribbing.
I didn't think to make an opening for her leash to hook on to her harness, so I caught it between the weave of the sweater)

(It's really slipped down a lot here, it sits up higher than that normally). Here are the other pictures I took at Pugapalooza: http://www.flickr.com/photos/shannonknits/sets/72157600208404397/

1 comment:

Quail Hill Knits said...

What a cute sweater for a cute pug! She looks just like a little bumble bee!