Monday, April 2, 2007

New projects

As if I didn't have enough stuff to work on, I've fallen in love with the "dollar and a half" cardigan from Interweave Knits:

(The pictures in the magazine shows it fully, I couldn't find many good ones in a quick image search). But there's the cable on one side of the front, and the lace/reverse stockinette pattern on the other side, as well as on the back and sleeves. At first I didn't like the fact that the two fronts didn't match, but the more I look at it the more I absolutely love it. So I'll be ordering the yarn for it soon. I'm thinking Wool of the Andes in Maple Syrup. It calls for a linen/acrylic blend that I can't afford, and I've seen a lot of people saying they are knitting it in Knitpicks' cotton/linen blend, but I absolutely despise the feel of cotton knits, so I'm going with wool.

I also am starting a much more simple cardigan out of Wool-Ease, I think I tore it out of Knitting, or Simply Knitting. It's a plain stockinette cardigan with garter ridges. I want something simple I can pull on during work or classes, and I think this is pretty perfect. I'm leaving on a family road trip on Thursday, so I'm buying the yarn for this cardigan to start in the car.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

I know what you mean about the $1.50 Cardigan; I can hardly wait for my yarn to arrive so I can get started on it. Your other projects look fantastic too. I love that microwaveable rice-sack - the fabric is so cute!

Blogger said...

There is SHOCKING news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that every bettor must watch this,

Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.