Monday, April 30, 2007

Dublin Bay Socks

I finally picked a pattern for the Knitpicks sock yarn: Dublin Bay socks (http://www.nwkniterati.com/movabletype/archives/MossyCottage/DublinBay4.pdf). I'm working on the heel of the first one, I'll get pictures up in the next day or two. The yarn is so amazingly soft! I actully just ordered more, in the Rocky Mountain Dusk colorway (different shades of purples and a little blue).

I also went to a LYS that I don't usually get to, because it's a long drive and located in a not-so-nice area that I tend to avoid (actually, the area the yarn shop is in is fine, it's what you have to drive through to get there that's a little scary). While I was there, I bought Colinette Jitterbug in the Jewel colorway. I was so, so excited to get home and start knitting because the mix of colors is just stunning, but once I did, I was really disappointed with the results. The colors pool in a really ugly pattern. All blue on one half of the sock, and purples, pinks, and yellows on the other half. If they would all blend together, they would be beautiful, but when the colors seperate, it's kind of ugly. I may knit something totally different, maybe the Monkey sock pattern from knitty. Anything that will make the colors blend better than what I was previously doing.

1 comment:

Quail Hill Knits said...

Looking forward to pictures of the socks.