Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Candy cookies

I swear, these are some of the tastiest cookies I've made, and they're so easy! I originally saw them on the Pioneer Woman's blog, and ran out to get stuff to make them right away.

You take your favorite refrigerated cookie dough roll (I used Pillsbury peanut butter and sugar cookie doughs), cut them in thick slices, and then cut each slice into quarters. Put each quarter into a greased mini muffin tin, and bake for about 7 minutes at 350*. Don't overbake them! I prefer them to be just on the edge of doughy. While you're waiting for them to cook, unwrap one piece of candy for each cookie (I used mini peanut butter cups and Hershey kisses), and as soon as you take the cookies out, pop a candy on top of each one. Then you'll have these:

Candy cookies

Candy cookies

I think the peanut butter cookies with the Hershey kisses were by far the best! They were all gone within a day. They're best to eat within a few hours, before the chocolate has a chance to really firm back up. I made them in the late afternoon, and when I got up in the middle of the night and wanted a snack, they were still perfect. By the next day, they had firmed up all the way, and while they're still really good, there's just something about squishy gooey chocolate that makes them oh-so good!

No comments: