Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pumpkin Bread

So, tis the season for pumpkin. Pumpkin cookies, pumpkin cupcakes, and finally, pumpkin bread. I used the Downeast Maine recipe from Allrecipes.com, and holy cow it was awesome. I modified it just a bit, using 2 cups of white sugar and one cup brown sugar (instead of three cups white sugar), and I made a glaze to dump on top right after it came out of the oven. It made three loaves, and I froze two, thinking it would last a while. Within three or four days, all loaves had been defrosted and consumed. I'd say we have a winning recipe!

I wish I could have gotten better pictures, I'm going to go back to borrowing my dad's nice camera from now on for baking pictures.

Pumpkin Bread
(Who, me, sample a slice before taking a picture? Well I never!)

Pumpkin Bread
So moist and fabulous.

No comments: