Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Football cupcakes

A few weekends ago (yeah, I'm late with blogging, like usual!) my family decided to get one of those big sub sandwiches from Subway, and watch a bunch of football. Personally, I am not a fan of football, but it gave me an excuse to make themed cupcakes, so I did!

Football cupcakes
I'm a messy, cluttered baker.

Football cupcakes

Football cupcakes
I still have trouble with piping frosting; I used a grass tip here, but couldn't get it to look right. So I just kind of went crazy with it and hoped people got the idea.

The cupcakes were plain old chocolate cake mix, with a surprise Hershey kiss nestled inside each one. The frosting is cream cheese frosting dyed green, and the little footballs were these foul little candies that were supposed to be maple but tasted like dirty feet. They were the closest I could find to candy that looked somewhat like footballs though. And the football stitches were just piped on in white frosting. They were very tasty, and went over much better than the banana muffins I had made the morning before, which I'll post eventually.

No comments: