Monday, February 12, 2007

Bumble Bee Sock

I have had a few people come up to me while I was knitting to tell me my sock was cute! That makes me happy. The sock itself though is making me a little peeved. I had noticed, while doing the short-row toes that they seemed a little off. Like they were loose and flappy. But I finished the short rows and knit a row or two longer before going, "OK, something really is not right here." And then noticed I had picked up the wrong sized needles. I was using 2's instead of 1's, and I'm amazed at the difference in the fabric between one needle size and the other. Not wanting to re-do the short row toe (I hate doing short rows, but I do them because I think they look 100 times better than other heel or toe techniques), I just switched over to my size 1's. They started looking better immediately, the toe just looks a little funky.

No comments: